|Season 6, Episode 76|
|Airdate:||Nov 2, 2007|
|Writer(s):|| Andy Rheingold
|Storyboards by:|| Jesse Schmal
| Previous Mission|
| Next Mission|
"The Grim Adventures of the KND"
All Machines Illegal Seethes Hoagie
Summary: After losing a contest at the Kids Next Door 2x4 Technology Convention to Sector F, Numbuh 42 gives Numbuh 2 his invention, Tree House Seeds. They start to talk about a “Doctor Time Space and the Continuums” marathon when the rest of Sector V shows up. Suddenly a green, caterpillar-like machine comes to take all of the scientists at the convention, including Numbuh 2. He takes out his invention, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Booger, so it would lose its grip on him. After it works, all of Sector V run to their S.C.A.M.P.E.R. They believe that the attack was ordered by "The Splinter Cell," an organization whose goal is to “permanently wipe out all adults”. Numbuh 4 thinks it's cool until Numbuh 5 hit him with her hat and reminds him that the KND only fight evil adults (and, by extension, teenagers). Numbuh 1 thinks the Splinter Cells will force the scientists to build some kind of superweapon, and worries that if Numbuh 2 gets captured by the Splinter Cell, they could build pretty much anything--to make sure that Numbuh 2 is safe, Sector V makes him stay with Sector A, the Amish Kids Next Door, for a while.
Once there, Numbuh Jebediah, Sector A’s leader, informs Numbuh 2 that 2x4 Technology isn’t allowed. That alone makes him beg Numbuh 1 not to leave him. After introducing Numbuh 2 to Numbuhs Ezekiel and Rebecca, Numbuh Jebediah orders him to dress like them and wear a fake beard. He then shows him their tree house, which is still only a shrub.
Later, when Numbuh 2 starts questioning why Sector A doesn't use any 2x4 Technology, Numbuh Jebadiah states that it's better to work with one's own hands than the "lazy" use of machines. Feeling insulted, Numbuh Two pulls out a seed derived from years of hard work by the KND and plants it in Sector A’s outhouse, causing an advanced KND treehouse to instantly grow. Right as that happens, the caterpillar-like machines burst out of the ground. When Numbuh 2 tries to save Numbuh Rebecca from one of the machines, she tells him that she’s going with them and that he is too. One of the machines come up behind them and Numbuh 42 greets them from inside of it and it is revealed that they weren’t the Splinter Cell all along; it was just a group of operatives who wanted to watch the “Doctor Time Space and the Continuums” marathon without being interrupted or made fun of by the other kids. Rebecca joins him, and so does Numbuh 2 without much consideration.
- This episode takes place immediately after Operation: S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
- The Amish Kids Next Door sector go by their actual names instead of numbers (Numbuh Jebadiah, Numbuh Rebecca, Numbuh Ezekiel).
- Their names come from the Bible.
- The "Doctor Space-Time and the Continuum" show is a parody on the British sci-fi show "Doctor Who".
- Time Cards Shown: One Hour Later
- It is revealed in this episode how Kids Next Door Sector Treehouses are made - put a treehouse seed into a hole in an out house and then a treehouse grows really fast in three seconds.
- Sector A's S.C.A.M.P.P.E.R. is actually an old cart with an animal needed.
- This is the last Numbuh 2 episode and the last title with someone's name in it.
- This is also the last time Numbuh 2 is seen without his hat.
- The live-action man who plays Dr. Space-Time is really storyboard artist Jesse Schmal.