|Season 4, Episode 52|
|Airdate:||Jul 22, 2005|
|Writer(s):|| Mo Willems|
|Storyboards by:|| Maurice Fontenot|
| Previous Mission|
| Next Mission|
Friends Extract Really Ape-ified Leader
Summary: Numbuh 1 and Sector V are on Rainbow Monkey Island trying to take "The Code" from the Delightful Children. Numbuh 1 enter the Delightful Children's ship to get it. After managing to snatch it from their fingers, he radios his team to tell them the code, only to be hit in the face and falls in a hole in the bottom.
Sector V tries to save Numbuh 1, but is unable to find him for 46 minutes, they then find his clothes and become worried. Numbuh 5 says it's ok, and that Numbuh 1 just took his clothes off. About that time they hear something in the bushes and find that Numbuh 1 has became a Rainbow Monkey (both sloppy and aggressive), although the viewer doesn't see how Numbuh 1 transformed into a Rainbow Monkey.
They take him up to the Moonbase, were Numbuh 86 demands that they pick a leader. They say they don't need a new leader, they want Numbuh 1 back. Numbuh 86 says that its just the rules and asks Numbuh 5 to take over. She says that she won't, not after what happened last time. Numbuh 86 says she understands, while Numbuh 4 is begging to. Then Numbuh 2 says he would, but leaders don't get to fly their own ships. Numbuh 86 then picks Numbuh 3, even though Numbuh 4 is still begging. Numbuh 3 takes control of Sector V, and orders Numbuh 1 to become human again, because he has "The Code". Numbuh 86 then freaks out asking why they didn't tell her before and demanding the scientists change him back, immediately. The KND scientists use Element L (which is just Lizzie Devine) to try to cure back Numbuh 1, but doesn't work. Numbuh 1 keeps kissing everybody he sees, Lizzie claims, "I prefer this Nigie" and they both kiss.
Soon, Sector V asks Numbuh 3 and Numbuh 86 what's so important about this code. Numbuh 86 explains that whoever finds "The Code" gets a free Rainbow Monkey keychain in a contest. It then makes Numbuh 1 so angry that he yells "A KEYCHAIN?!!? You mean to tell me that I risked my life, endangered my team and spent valuable Kids Next Door resources, so you can win a stupid keychain?!" snapping back to normal. He then starts lecturing everyone that being a KND operative is serious, only for his sector to hug him back happily since he's back to normal; Lizzie sighs that "it was fun while it lasted".
One day, Numbuh 1 gets revenge on the DCFDTL, who have been expecting their keychain, by having his "friends" (giant real-live Rainbow Monkeys) attack them at the Delightful Mansion.
Numbuh 74.239 and Numbuh 71.562 argue at each other.
Time Cards Shown
45 Minutes Later 46 Minutes Later
- Numbuh 275, a KND scientist whose real name is Jacob, was based on a boy also named Jacob, whose wish (through the Make-A-Wish Foundation) was to appear in a KND-episode as an operative.
- The episode's name is based the "feral," which means a human raised in the wild with no human interaction.
- The 45 Minutes Later time card changed to the time card 46 Minutes Later.
- This is the only time when Lizzie and Numbuh 1 actually kiss (although Numbuh 1 was feral).
- According to Numbuh 86, it's a KND-rule that all sectors have to have a leader, even if it's only temporary.
- This in turn leads to the reveal that Numbuh 5 was apparently the leader of Sector V, until a certain incident made her give up the job.