|Season 1, Episode 05|
|Airdate:||December 27, 2002|
|Writer(s):|| Robert Leighton|
|Storyboards by:||Guy Moore|
| Previous Mission|
| Next Mission|
Turnips Unfortunately Reaching Near Infestation Point
Summary: Numbuhs 1, 2, 4, and 5 are fighting a huge rabbit robot named H.I.P.P.I.E.-H.O.P. Soon it's lunch break and Numbuh 3 jumps out of H.I.P.P.I.E.-H.O.P., which she was controlling. They all split up and tried to get food, but turnips replaced the water and everything else. Numbuh 1 suspects someone wants them to eat the turnips. Since the turnips wore down the scanners, Sector V takes the P.I.P.E.P.O.D., with Numbuh 2 driving, and fly down into the huge turnip roots to find the source and stop it. They are traveling through the roots of the turnip, while the mini-turnips eat through the hull of the P.I.P.E.P.O.D. Sector V reaches the target and quickly escape when the turnips completely destroy the P.I.P.E.P.O.D. After escaping, they see the giant turnip that's causing all the problems. The turnip farmer tells Sector V that with the turnip, he'll be sure to get first prize at the county fair. Suddenly, a rumbling sound occurs.
Sector V discovers that they're up against a giant turnip monster. While Numbuhs 1, 2, 4 and 5 are being tortured by the turnip, Numbuh 3 invites H.I.P.P.I.E.-H.O.P. to come over. Numbuh 4 thinks it's a stupid idea, but Numbuh 1 considers it to be a good idea and tells Numbuh 3 to tell H.I.P.P.I.E.-H.O.P. it's a Code X79. H.I.P.P.I.E.-H.O.P. arrives and frees Numbuhs 3 and 1, but is then destroyed. Numbuh 1 said he thought for sure H.I.P.P.I.E.-H.O.P. would work, but it didn't. He angrily kicks the turnip, which to his and the others' surprise, falls over and rolls off a cliff into the ocean. The turnip farmer chases after it, calling that he needs it to win the fair. After the "End Transmission", some men on a ship see "a giant turnip" and wonder what it's doing there, before it attacks them!
Villain Debuts: The Turnip, Farmer/Grandpa (unintentionally)
Locations: Sector V Treehouse, Grandpa's farm
- A running gag in the episode is Numbuh 3 calls the farmer her grandpa, though Numbuh 1 clarifies for us that he isn't her grandfather at all.
- The only reason the farmer grew the turnip in the first place was to win a ribbon in the County Fair, which was, according to him, the following weekend.
- The episode ends in a cliffhanger when Numbuh 1 says the turnip couldn't harm anyone anymore, and a cruise ship is shown with its passengers looking over the ocean, pointing out what looks to them like a turnip. Based on the rocking of the ship, we can assume it was the same turnip, and was attaching itself to the ship. The fate of the passengers, the farmer/"grandpa", and the turnip is never brought up.
- This is the second Numbuh Three episode.
- This is the first episode to have a one time villain.
- This is the 3rd appearance of DCFDTL.